- Mike Mazzeo, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Sanchez wouldn't tell reporters what was on the card, calling it a "full-time locker-room joke."
We're not 100 percent positive, but we think that the card was a "Media Bridge" card, which was given out to the team by its PR staff.
Here's what the card says:
• "Let me just add that"
• "That reminds me"
• "Let me answer you by saying that"
• "That's an important point because"
• "What that means is"
• "Another thing to remember is"
• "If you look at it closely, you'll find"
• "what I can say is this"
• "You will each receive a copy of these as you leave today"
• "What's most important is"
• "The real issue here is"
• "I wouldn't even try to take on the job of coaching what I can tell you is"
• "That's not my area of expertise, but I think your audience would be interested in knowing that"
Next time we hear an answer that contains one of these phrases, at least we'll know where it came from ...
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Before Geno Smith began his interview with reporters Wednesday, Mark Sanchez tossed him a card and laughed.Sanchez wouldn't tell reporters what was on the card, calling it a "full-time locker-room joke.