- Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
The NFL draft is rapidly approaching, so let's fire off a mock draft. It won't be the last. As Bill Parcells used to say, "I reserve the right to change my mind." I'll cut if off with the New York Jets' pick at 18. Here goes:
2. St. Louis Rams -- Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn: I had one longtime personnel executive tell me Robinson is the best player in the draft. If Clowney slips, I could see Atlanta trying to trade up for him.
4. Cleveland Browns -- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: The Brownies will have a terrific receiving duo with Watkins and Josh Gordon. The question is, does Mike Pettine have a quarterback that can get them the ball?
13. St. Louis Rams -- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama: The Rams could go in a few different directions, but they need to augment their fierce pass rush with help on the back end.
18. New York Jets -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: Surprised? Yes, the Jets need a receiver, but it's the deepest receiver draft in years, and they can find a good one in the second round. This would mark the fifth straight year with a defensive pick in Round 1.