- Mike Mazzeo, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Here’s a bio on Jets’ wide receiver Eron Riley:
• 24 years old; 6-3, 207 pounds; Born Aug. 5, 1987 in Savannah, Ga.
• Attended Windsor Forest High in Savannah; Starred in both football and basketball
• Named 2004 All-Greater Savannah Area Offensive Player of the Year by the Savannah Morning News; As a senior, caught 34 passes for 381 yards and five TDs
• Played at Duke (2005-08); Graduated with a degree in sociology and minored in earth and ocean sciences
• Two-time all-ACC selection; Started 37 straight games to end his collegiate career
• Ranks second-all time in program history in receiving yards (2,413) and third in touchdowns (22)
• Holds the program’s single-game record with four TD receptions (Navy, 2007)
• Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Ravens in April, 2009
• Caught on with the Broncos, had six catches for a team-high 187 yards and two touchdowns during the 2011 preseason
• Signed by the Jets to their active roster off Denver's practice squad on Oct. 19
Riley has yet to make his NFL debut, but that could very well change this week. Both Jeremy Kerley (knee) and Patrick Turner (kidney) are likely going to be game-time decisions -- assuming they travel for Thursday night’s game in Denver.
If they can’t go, coach Rex Ryan said Tuesday that Riley would “absolutely” be activaed and thrust into the lineup.
Santonio Holmes said the team has a lot of faith and confidence in Riley.
“He’s a steady learner. He has a knack for what our offense is. I think he’s ready to fill in,” Holmes said. “He’s gonna be blessed to have this opportunity to go out there and play with us, and we’re excited to have him on the field, coach him up and put him in the right place. I’m sure he’s ready to make some plays.”