Thursday, January 5, 2012
Four days in the Florham Park Zoo
By Rich Cimini
Just in case you missed it, here's a recap of the Jets' soap opera from the last few days. This stuff is juicier than the storyline from ABC's "Revenge."
• Capt. Santonio Holmes sulked in the huddle. Wayne Hunter told him to get the f--- out. They nearly came to blows.
• Brian Schottenheimer, in perhaps his final act with the Jets, benched Holmes. Rex Ryan didn't know what was going on.
• The Jets got eliminated.
• Holmes got eviscerated by LaDainian Tomlinson, who, in perhaps his final act with the Jets, assailed Capt. Holmes' character.
• Ryan said he didn't know what was going on.
• Ryan cried in front of the team.
• Ryan, doing his impersonation of the Soup Nazi, declared, "No more captains."
• Bart Scott, in perhaps his final act with the Jets, cursed reporters and flipped the bird to a news photographer on his way out of the locker room.
• Details of the Florham Park Zoo came to light.
• Former Jets QB Boomer Esiason compared Mark Sanchez to a skittish chihuahua on the corner of a busy Manhattan intersection.
• Fourth-string QB Greg McElroy ripped the "corrupt" attitude in the locker room, saying there were too many players who didn't care about winning.
• What next, a tell-all by Tanner Purdum? A from-the-grave screed by Sal Alosi?