Thursday, April 26, 2012
Halfway to the Jets' pick
By Rich Cimini
We're halfway to the 16th pick. A quick recap on the top eight:
1. Colts -- QB Andrew Luck
2. Redskins -- QB Robert Griffin III
3. Browns (trade with Vikings) -- RB Trent Richardson
4. Vikings (Browns) -- OT Matt Kalil
5. Jaguars (trade with Bucs) -- WR Justin Blackmon
6. Cowboys (trade with Rams) -- CB Morris Claiborne
7. Bucs (Jaguars) -- S Mark Barron
8. Dolphins -- QB Ryan Tannehill
So what's left for the Jets? There are three defensive players they'd love -- LB Luke Kuechly, DE Fletcher Cox and DE Michael Brockers. On the next tier, there's OLB Melvin Ingram and DE/OLB Chandler Jones, followed by WR Michael Floyd and OG David DeCastro.
The key spot for the Jets is the Seahawks at 12, because Seattle also is interested in outside rushers, same as the Jets. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets move up to 12. I also wouldn't be surprised if they drop to the Chargers (18), who are looking to trade up and have talked to the Jets.