Sunday, August 25, 2013
Long list of injuries at MetLife
By Rich Cimini
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Aside from Mark Sanchez, several players were injured in Saturday night's 24-21 overtime win over the Giants. The Jets provided no updates, but here's the list:
• CB Antonio Cromartie -- Left in the first quarter with a hip injury. Didn't return. Replaced by Darrin Walls.
• LG Vladimir Ducasse: Left in the first quarter with a possible ankle injury. Didn't return. Replaced by rookie Brian Winters.
• WR Clyde Gates: Left in the first half with an undisclosed injury. Didn't return.
• DT Sheldon Richardson: Suffered an undisclosed injury late in the second quarter and was taken to the locker room. Didn't return to the game.
• RB Joe McKnight: He was dressed for the game, but didn't play. After missing time with a head injury, which McKnight called a concussion, he was expected to play.