A Melo trade may be a matter of when
August, 27, 2010
By Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com
Sources are now saying it's no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Carmelo Anthony, but when, according to ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. One front-office executive had this to say: “It’s almost a given they’re going to move him." Interestingly, the Nuggets had already been planning to ship their star forward out of Denver in June, when LeBron James was on the verge of shaking up the league (The Denver Post). At this point, the Nets and Clippers look to have the most attractive assets for the Nuggets (Yahoo! Sports), so the Knicks may want to think about adding another piece to their proposed trade package of Eddy Curry, Danilo Gallinari and a future first round pick. Could that include Wilson Chandler (Bleacher Report)?
- Spoiler alert: If you read these six Knicks predictions for the new year, none include Anthony in a Knicks uniform. But on the plus side, the team will win 48-plus games and advance to the second round of the playoffs for the first time since 2000 (Bleacher Report).
- Another prediction: Chandler will be twittering more this year. The Knicks forward sat down with MSG Network's "Knicks Night Live" to share his thoughts on the upcoming season and how he's handling the trade rumors (Knicks Fanatics Blog).
- One player who might be sitting down for a longer period of time is Kelenna Azubuike, who is having issues with his surgically repaired left knee (The New York Times).
- The Knicks signed second-round pick Landry Fields -- or, in other words, future Nuggets trade bait (New York Post).
- There's a little guessing game brewing: where will Earl Barron sign? After Donnie Walsh said Barron was no longer in the picture, the seven-footer turned down an offer with Maccabi Tel Aviv. Now, the Knicks could meet with him again (New York Post).
- Madison Square Garden could be hosting a championship party even before the Knicks season starts. That's because the WNBA's New York Liberty are six wins away from the title (New York Magazine).
Final Anaheim 5 NY Islanders 3 Final/OT New Jersey 5 Washington 4
5:00 PM ET E Washington Seton Hall 2:00 PM ET Army Rutgers 4:05 PM ET Iona Nevada 2:00 PM ET St. Peter's Hartford 6:00 PM ET Cornell Stony Brook
7:00 PM ET Toronto NY Rangers 7:30 PM ET NY Islanders Detroit 8:00 PM ET New Jersey Chicago
- There are no games scheduled for today.