Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Sheed's greatest hits
By ESPNNewYork.com staff
In the end, really, ball don't lie.
Rasheed Wallace's greatest moment as a Knick? Here's our take -- give us yours in the comments section.
5. Mike Woodson refers to the 38-year-old Wallace in an interview as a "young man." While wearing a straight face.
4. Asked about getting his name chanted by the Garden crowd, Wallace says, "It's all part of the dog and pony show."
3. To inspire his teammates, Wallace draws the Larry O'Brien trophy on a dry-erase board in the Knicks' practice facility, along with a motivational message. He mistakenly uses a permanent marker.
2. Knicks are asked to wear red, white and blue headbands to honor Veteran's Day. Rasheed wears his proudly in the locker room, chanting "Obama!" and "Four more years!"
1. After arguing with referees and yelling his signature phrase "ball don't lie" after a missed free throw, Sheed is ejected just 1:25 into a Dec. 2 game against the Phoenix Suns. The ejection is the quickest of his 30 ejections over 15 years in the league.