- Mike Mazzeo, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Mets manager Terry Collins remains undecided on his starter for Monday’s afternoon game against the Cardinals.
Jeremy Hefner and Miguel Batista are the likely candidates to take that start.
• Collins joked that Saturday’s starter, knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, is on a pitch count of 130.
• Collins said that outfielder Mike Baxter, who slammed up against the wall after making a tremendous catch out in left in the seventh inning, was still at the doctors undergoing a battery of tests.
Collins said aside from an MRI, Baxter also received a CT scan and was being tested for a concussion as well.
“The report was he was really, really in pain this morning,” Collins said.
• Two sources told ESPN NewYork.com’s Adam Rubin that reliever Ramon Ramirez was injured in the celebration pile for Santana. The extent of the injury is unknown at this point.
• Right-hander Chris Schwinden, who was designated for assignment by the Mets, was claimed off waivers by the Toronto Blue Jays, the team announced.
• Shortstop Ruben Tejada, currently on the DL with a quad strain, will run on Saturday and run the bases on Sunday, Collins said.
• Santana’s uniform and glove from Friday night’s game were authenticated by Major League Baseball, he told reporters. Santana joked that he’s going to need new stuff.
Mets manager Terry Collins remains undecided on his starter for Monday’s afternoon game against the Cardinals. Jeremy Hefner and Miguel Batista are the likely candidates to take that start.