Mets manager Terry Collins remains undecided on his starter for Monday’s afternoon game against the Cardinals.
Jeremy Hefner and Miguel Batista are the likely candidates to take that start.
• Collins joked that Saturday’s starter, knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, is on a pitch count of 130.
• Collins said that outfielder Mike Baxter, who slammed up against the wall after making a tremendous catch out in left in the seventh inning, was still at the doctors undergoing a battery of tests.
Collins said aside from an MRI, Baxter also received a CT scan and was being tested for a concussion as well.
“The report was he was really, really in pain this morning,” Collins said.
• Two sources told ESPN NewYork.com’s Adam Rubin that reliever Ramon Ramirez was injured in the celebration pile for Santana. The extent of the injury is unknown at this point.
• Right-hander Chris Schwinden, who was designated for assignment by the Mets, was claimed off waivers by the Toronto Blue Jays, the team announced.
• Shortstop Ruben Tejada, currently on the DL with a quad strain, will run on Saturday and run the bases on Sunday, Collins said.
• Santana’s uniform and glove from Friday night’s game were authenticated by Major League Baseball, he told reporters. Santana joked that he’s going to need new stuff.