- Mike Mazzeo, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
The Mets lost, 9-2, to the Phillies on Wednesday afternoon, but have a chance to take the rubber game on Thursday night.
Thursday’s news reports:
• Pedro Beato will rejoin the Mets’ bullpen Thursday after going 3-2 with a 1.12 ERA at Triple-A Buffalo. Jeremy Hefner was optioned to Buffalo to make room for Beato on the roster.
• Kirk Nieuwenhuis didn’t go on the DL. Jordany Valdespin was promoted in favor of Justin Hampson, who was DFA’d.
• Buster Olney reports that the Mets are going to use R.A. Dickey more frequently in the second half of the season.
• Mike Baxter (collarbone injury) will continue his recovery from Port St. Lucie, Fla., he told Adam Rubin.
TRIVIA: From what university did Sandy Alderson receive his law degree?
Wednesday Answer: The Mets are one of two National League teams with at least four players (David Wright, Lucas Duda and Ike Davis are the others) with 40 or more RBI…St. Louis has five (Carlos Beltran, Allen Craig, Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday and David Freese).