- Adam Rubin, ESPNNewYork.com
- 0 Shares
New York Mets
Shaun Marcum is guaranteed $4 million as part of his major league deal with the Mets. He also can earn as much as $4 million in incentives.
Here's how that potential bonus money breaks down, via the Associated Press:
• $250,000 apiece for reaching 120, 140, 160 and 170 innings.
• $375,000 apiece for reaching 180 and 190 innings.
• $500,000 for reaching 200 innings.
• $375,000 apiece for 90 and 120 days on active roster, or on disabled list for injury unrelated to his right arm.
• $500,000 apiece for being on active roster or DL for injury unrelated to right arm for 150 and 170 days. (The major league season is 183 days.)
Shaun Marcum #0 SPNew York Mets 2012 STATS GM21 W7 L4 BB41 K109 ERA3.70 Shaun Marcum is guaranteed $4 million as part of his major league deal with the Mets.