The Mets should certainly be well rested for Saturday's game.
For the second straight day, the Mets were rained out on Friday. They will look to get back into the swing of things against the Marlins on Saturday, in a battle between the fourth- and fifth-place teams in the National League East.
During the course of the day, the Mets will also wrap up the 2013 MLB draft.
Saturday's news reports:
• The Mets drafted Lee Mazzilli in the first round in 1973, and 40 years later they selected his son, L.J. Mazzilli, in the fourth round. Mazzilli is a second baseman who played at UConn. Read more in the Daily News, the Post, the Star-Ledger, the Record and Newsday.
• The Mets are eying a debut for Zack Wheeler on Friday, June 14 against the Cubs, a source told ESPNNewYork.com. The Mets have been waiting to promote Wheeler due to the Super 2 deadline. Wheeler lasted just 4 2/3 innings on Friday in what could be his final Triple-A start. Read more in the Post and Newsday.
• The Marlins have surprisingly given Harvey trouble this year. Read more in the Wall Street Journal.
• In the Post, Ken Davidoff writes that Wally Backman deserves a spot on a major league staff in 2014.
• From the bloggers ... Faith and Fear in Flushing welcomes Dominic Smith.
BIRTHDAYS:: Former Mets starter/reliever Dave Mlicki turns 45. Mlicki went 24-30 with a 4.15 ERA spanning 1995-98.
YOU'RE UP: Any concerns about Wheeler's Triple-A start on Friday?