- Matt Ehalt, ESPN New York contributor
- 0 Shares
FIRST PITCH: It's Matt Harvey's turn.
After the Mets handled Patrick Corbin his first loss of the year Tuesday night in a 9-1 win, they will look to win their third straight as they turn to their ace against the Diamondbacks.
Wednesday's news reports
• Terry Collins did not make it seem like Ike Davis' return is imminent. The Mets are about to face a string of right-handers, so now would be the time to bring back Davis. Josh Satin is also playing well in Davis' absence. Read more in The Record.
• Giants manager and NL All-Star skipper Bruce Bochy said the All-Star Game being played at Citi Field should help Harvey's candidacy to start the game.
• The Mets made three international signings on Tuesday.
• Eric Young Jr. started at second base on Tuesday.
• MLB announced the rosters for the Legends & Celebrity softball game on July 14.
• In the Daily News, John Harper writes that the Mets must find out if Davis is part of their future .
BIRTHDAYS: Former Mets outfielder Moises Alou turns 47. Alou played his final two seasons for the Mets in 2007-08.
TWEET OF THE DAY:
This has to be the worst weather in one season that a team has endured! Come on #MotherNature give us a break
— Justin Turner (@redturn2) July 3, 2013