- Adam Rubin, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
FIRST PITCH: The third leg of the Mets’ four-city trip ends today.
Harvey (9-4, 2.23 ERA) faces left-hander Eric Stults (8-10, 3.68).
The Mets then have a makeup game Monday in Minnesota before returning to Citi Field to face the Atlanta Braves.
Sunday’s news reports:
• Jenrry Mejia departed Saturday’s game in the fourth inning with discomfort in his right elbow. Mejia already was planning offseason surgery to remove a bone spur. Greg Burke is expected to join the bullpen for today’s series finale. Who steps into the rotation assuming Mejia is done for the year? The Mets were noncommittal, but Carlos Torres looks like the logical bet.
• David Aardsma surrendered four runs in two innings after entering a tie ballgame for Mejia and the Mets eventually lost to the Padres, 8-2, Saturday night at Petco Park. Wilmer Flores went 1-for-4 in his first start since twisting his right ankle Monday at Dodger Stadium.
• Binghamton clinched its first Eastern League playoff appearance since 2004 with a 5-4 win against New Britain. Read the full minor league recap here.
• Harvey speaks with Kristie Ackert in the Daily News about why he is supporting Mets staffer Shannon Forde’s cancer battle.
BIRTHDAYS: Left-hander Pat Misch turns 32. Misch is 3-7 with a 5.07 ERA in 13 starts for Triple-A Toledo (Tigers) this season.
TWEET OF THE DAY:
The @bmets are heading to the post season! pic.twitter.com/78MLbu5YS0
— The Hot Dog Horse (@TheHotDogHorse) August 18, 2013
YOU’RE UP: Who should step into the rotation for Jenrry Mejia?
5hESPN Stats & Information