Monday, February 7, 2011
Cuban: Mets haven't called
By Adam Rubin
Mark Cuban said last week before a Knicks-Mavericks game that he would not actively pursue the Mets, but that he would be willing to listen if he was approached by Fred and Jeff Wilpon.
Well, Cuban told Newsday, he has not received a call from Mets ownership yet. Still, investment groups have reached out to Cuban while attempting to put together backing to try to purchase at least a share of the team.
Cuban, who actively pursued the Texas Rangers and Chicago Cubs to no avail, added that he is not interested in backing an investment group unless he hears Mets ownership say they want him on board.
"Nothing has changed," Cuban said in an e-mail to Newsday.