- Adam Rubin, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Tom Seaver will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Tuesday's All-Star Game.
SAN FRANCISCO -- There will be no shortage of VIPs at the All-Star Game at Citi Field, including The Franchise.
Tom Seaver will throw out the ceremonial first pitch at Citi Field before Tuesday's All-Star Game, the first in Queens since the 1964 game in the Mets' inaugural season at Shea Stadium.
• Hall of Famer Frank Robinson, retired manager Tony La Russa and ex-Mets Dwight Gooden, Ed Charles, Ed Kranepool, Art Shamsky and Barry Lyons will attend the MLB All-Star 5K & Fun Run benefiting Sandy Relief on Saturday at Brooklyn's Prospect Park.
• Mike Piazza as well as Chris Rock, Kevin James, George Lopez, Ashanti, Miss America 2013 Mallory Hagan and Jennie Finch will participate in Sunday's softball game.
• Pitbull will perform prior to the Home Run Derby on Monday at Citi Field.
• American Idol winner Candice Glover will perform the national anthem and Marc Anthony will sing "God Bless America" during the seventh inning stretch at Tuesday's All-Star Game.