Saturday, January 21, 2012
Nets-Thunder pregame notes
By Mike Mazzeo
Here are a couple pregame notes as the Nets look for their first winning streak of the season when they take on the Thunder on Saturday night at Prudential Center:
• Nets small forward Damion James will undergo right foot surgery Tuesday, and is out indefinitely. Shawne Williams (shin splints) will not play Saturday, but could play Sunday.
• The Nets, who have used nine different starting lineups this season, will play their third straight game with a starting five of D-Will, The Rookie, DeShawn Stevenson, Hump and Mehmet Okur. Coach Avery Johnson hopes he can keep the same lineup until Brook Lopez comes back.
• As I previously pointed out, this marks the beginning of the Nets' first back-to-back-to-back stretch this season. The team is concerned Stevenson could be affected since his knee gets fluid in it.
• Kris Humphries is one of only nine NBA players currently averaging a double-double (14.1 points and 10.2 rebounds per game).
• Jordan Williams scored 16 points and 11 rebounds in his NBDL debut.
• DeShawn Stevenson has still yet to score a two-pointer this season. All 12 of his made field goals have been 3s.
• MarShon Brooks remains second among all rookies in scoring (15.1 ppg).
• the 12-3 Thunder are coming off a shocking loss to the Wizards. They rank fourth in the NBA in scoring and fourth in field goal percentage.