Sunday, January 22, 2012
Nets-Bobcats pregame notes
By Mike Mazzeo
The Nets (4-12) will look to get back in the win-column on Sunday night against the Bobcats (3-13) at Prudential Center.
Here are some pregame notes:
• Small forward Shawne Williams (shin splints), who has missed the last four games with shin splints, will play Sunday night, coach Avery Johnson said. Johnson said earlier in the week that Williams would likely be limited to around 10 minutes or so. Starter DeShawn Stevenson (knee) will play, but will be closely monitored, Johnson said.
• The Nets are 0-5 in the second half of back-to-backs this season, having lost those games by an average margin of 18.2 points. The Nets will wrap up their first of two back-to-back-to-back stretches this season when they take on the Bulls in Chicago on Monday night.
• Anthony Morrow and Shelden Williams are the only Nets to have appeared in all 16 games this season.
• The Nets have used nine different starting lineups this season, but have started the same five guys (D-Will, The Rookie, DeShawn, Hump and Okur) in the last three games.
• Jordan Williams had nine points and four rebounds for Springfield Saturday night in his second NBDL game.
• The Nets are getting outscored by an average of 11.6 points per game in the paint this season. They also rank last in the NBA in fastbreak points (8.8 per game).
• The Nets shot 44.3 percent at home last season and 43.6 percent on the road. Deron Williams shot 40.3 percent at home and 32.3 percent on the road.