Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Moseley will get another start, vs. Red Sox
Before Wednesday afternoon's game, New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi revealed that Dustin Moseley will get another chance to start for the Yankees, vs. the Boston Red Sox on Monday afternoon in the Bronx.
Moseley, making his second start in place of the injured Andy Pettitte on Tuesday night, gave up five runs on nine hits in 7 1/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays.
"[Moseley] didn't pitch as bad maybe as the numbers indicate," Girardi said. "He gave up some key hits with two outs last night, but he's thrown the ball pretty good for us."
Moseley won his first start, in Cleveland against the Indians on July 29, allowing one run on four hits in six innings of work. He earned the opportunity to fill in for Pettitte after throwing 4 2/3 innings of scoreless one-hit relief on July 24 vs. the Kansas City Royals.
Moseley, 28, a former first-round draft pick by the Cincinnati Reds in 2000, was signed to a minor-league contract by the Yankees on Feb. 16. He made 12 starts with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre earlier this season, before being called up by the Yankees on July 2.
Pettitte, meanwhile, threw a half-bullpen session on Tuesday, and is expected to throw a full bullpen session on Friday.
"We'll see how Andy feels after Friday," Girardi said.