Monday Beastlines: Hope for London
January, 25, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick look around the division to see what's going on this morning. And we'll have news and notes from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., throughout the week:
- John Gonzalez of the Philly Inquirer names Keith Brooking to his list of the all-time biggest whiners.
- The Cowboys worked out the CFL's most accurate place-kicker.
- Alok Pattani of ESPN Stats and Information takes an interesting look at the similarities between the 1991 Cowboys and their '09 campaign.
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com offers a rebuttal to Pattani's story.
- I know we mentioned this Sunday, but here's another look at Jacques Taylor's opinion that Wade Phillips deserved a longer extension.
- The Inquirer hasn't had a lot to say about a recent Michael Vick report.
- Jeff McLane was in New Orleans to write the definitive Mark Eckel story.
- Most of the Giants' beat writers were in New Orleans covering the game, but Michael Eisen from the team Web site stayed home and focused on a Will Beatty story.
- Pretty strong 24 hours for London Fletcher. He's named a finalist for the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year award and he's finally in the Pro Bowl.
- Here's another story on Fletcher from Matt Terl's Redskins Blog.