The Monday Knee-jerk report: Cowboys edition
December, 22, 2008
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- It looks like someone is hopping off the Tony Romo bandwagon -- plenty of good seats still available -- but I'm not sure you should condemn a man for one questionable quote. But Jean-Jacques Taylor makes an excellent point regarding Bill Parcells. Some of this stuff wouldn't be happening if he were still in town. Romo needs to visit with Dolphins quarterbacks coach David Lee and Parcells immediately, but something tells me that won't happen. Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips are too interested in being Romo's pal. There's not a person on that staff who will get in Romo's face -- and that's an issue.
- Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News provides his loyal audience with some Christmas hope. The Cowboys are 7-6 in December games in Philly, but they've dropped three in a row. It's highly unlikely the Eagles will make the playoffs, so you would think the Cowboys would have more intangibles. Of course, I thought that heading into the Texas Stadium farewell game against the Ravens. By the way, have you guys seen the special edition programs from that game? Pretty cool. I caught a man trying to take mine while I was on deadline Saturday.
- A touching tribute to the longtime general manager of Texas Stadium, Bruce Hardy.
- My former colleague Barry Horn is doing an excellent job with his new sports media blog. This morning, he tells us that the Cowboys-Eagles game will probably be flexed from 1 p.m. ET to 4:15 p.m. ET.
- Tim MacMahon of the Cowboys Blog doesn't think the Eagles will roll over for the Cowboys.
- Jimmy Johnson doesn't like his former team's chances of making the playoffs, although I think he said this before the Eagles lost in Washington.