Monday Beastlines: Jets-'Boys Super Bowl?
February, 8, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
We've scoured Web sites across the nation so you don't have to do any heavy lifting. Here's the latest from the NFC East:
- The countdown to Super Bowl XLV has begun, writes Cal Watkins of ESPNDallas.com.
- Jeff Mosier of the Dallas Morning News allows the North Texas folks to take a little jab at the South Florida Super Bowl committee.
- Phil Simms made an interesting comment about the Cowboys during last night's Super Bowl broadcast.
- Gerry Fraley of the DMN discusses his love of Florida grouper -- and also mentions Emmitt Smith.
- Gary Myers of the New York Daily News has the Cowboys beating the Jets in Super Bowl XLV.
- Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram talks about Smith going into the Hall of Fame.
- Bob Glauber of Newsday talked to Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo about Eagles quarterback Michael Vick.
- Les Bowen of the Daily News said there were a lot of rumors flying around Sunday about the quarterback position. Sal Paolantonio reported Sunday that three teams -- Cleveland, Denver and Buffalo -- had inquired about Donovan McNabb.
- Tom Brookshier will be memorialized this afternoon.
- Former Eagles WR Hank Baskett had a say in last night's outcome -- and that's not a good thing.
- Michael Strahan tells Osi Umenyiora to "stop saying stupid stuff."
- Vinny DiTraini from The Record says Jeremy Shockey finally got a chance to shine in the Super Bowl.
- Plaxico Burress showed a lot of remorse in that interview with CBS' Bill Cowher on Sunday.
- It also looks like Plax will lose his Florida mansion.