Tuesday Beastlines: The Avant signing
March, 9, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick look at the top storylines from around the division this morning:
- Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News spoke with Jerry Jones about his inactivity in free agency.
- Jan Hubbard of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says that Jones wants to build a swimming pool at Cowboys Stadium. Seriously.
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com has the latest on Martellus Bennett's recent complaints.
- Les Bowen of the Daily News has a story on Jason Avant's new contract. I had no idea that Rodney Harrison had such an influence on Avant.
- Jeff McLane of the Inquirer explains the restructuring of Stacy Andrews' contract.
- Reuben Frank offers his take on the release of Reggie Brown.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News says New York whiffed on a kickoff specialist.
- Vinny DiTrani of Bergen County fame says the Giants will pass on Jim Sorgi -- for now.
- Here is Mike Garafolo's take on Fred Robbins signing with the Rams.
- DeAngelo Hall told ESPN's "First Take" that he's excited about the direction of the franchise. Nice of him to refer to his former teammates as "dead weight."
- Rick Maese, who does a really nice job for the Post, talks about Andre Carter's transition to a 3-4 linebacker. It could be a struggle.
- Jason Reid of the Post reports that nose tackle Maake Kemoeatu will be at Redskins Park today.