Monday Beastlines: Lots of Shanahan talk
March, 29, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick look at the top storylines from around the division this afternoon:
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com writes that Wade Phillips has more credibility -- and power -- because of the Cowboys' playoff win.
- Jacques Taylor of the Dallas Morning News says good things happen when Tony Romo adheres to Bill Parcells' 11 quarterback commandments.
- People who don't trust Deion Sanders don't trust themselves. Clarence E. Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has the rest of that story.
- Roger Staubach will throw out the first pitch on Opening Day for the Rangers. And if Rich Harden doesn't figure it out soon, Staubach may be called upon again.
- Reuben Frank makes a case for Kevin Kolb.
- Eagles All-Pro fullback Leonard Weaver thinks Donovan McNabb deserves another season.
- Jeff McLane of the Inquirer wonders if Kevin Kolb is ready to deliver.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News takes a look at all the draft options for the Giants at No. 15 overall.
- Mike Garafolo has the scoop on a defensive end/linebacker out of William & Mary.
- Rick Maese of the Post has an excellent story on offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.
- Mike Williams has already impressed Mike Shanahan.
- Mike Shanahan explains why he's had so much success with zone blocking.
- After a strong pro day, it's hard to imagine Sam Bradford slipping to No. 4.
- The Redskins signed veteran cornerback Phillip Buchanon this afternoon.