Wednesday Morning Beastlines
- Tony Romo shot at 72 on the golf course and then shared his thoughts on Doug Free.
- Romo's looking forward to playing with Dez Bryant, writes David Moore of the Dallas Morning News.
- So what did the Chicago Bears make of Jerry Jones' draft-board photo?
- How are the luxury townhouses around Cowboys Stadium doing? Jeff Mosier of the Dallas Morning News has the latest.
- Nick Eatman of Dallascowboys.com has the latest on the safety situation.
- Alex Barron will make $2.73 million next season, according to DallasNews.com general columnist Todd Archer.
- Paul Domowitch says that yards after catch (YAC) will be a big deal with Kevin Kolb at quarterback. Take a peek at what Jeremy Maclin says about YAC.
- Les Bowen takes a look at the Cowboys' draft board from an Eagles perspective.
- John Gonzalez of the Inquirer says Donovan McNabb's response to DeSean Jackson reminded him of an Otis Redding song, "Mr. Pitiful."
- DeSean Jackson tells ESPN that he doesn't have a problem with McNabb.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News talks about Danny Clark and C.C. Brown finding new homes.
- The Giants' 2014 Super Bowl bid becomes official today.
- Very interesting story from Mike Garafolo on a Barry Cofield trade that nearly happened with the Saints.
- Rick Maese and Jason Reid from the Post discuss Brian Westbrook's visit to Redskins Park.
- Barry Svrluga of the Post reports that Adam Carriker is hoping for a fresh start.
- Lindsay Czarniak from NBC 4 in DC sits down with Skins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett to discuss the 3-4.
"Just the unknown of where you’re coming from, who’s blitzing, who’s not blitzing," Haslett said of the 3-4. "You can just do so many things out of it that you can’t do out of a four-man line. Now, if you got great four-man line people, then you play that. There’s no reason you can’t go 3-4, 4-3. I’ve played in both, coached in both, been successful in both. I think its just the type of players you have. I think the cornerstone of the team on defense is Brian Orakpo. He had 11 sacks last year, rushed 200 some times. In this defense, we’ll rush 600-700 times."
And there's your quote of the day. Thanks to the excellent Redskins blogger Matt Terl for tipping us off to Czarniak's post.