February, 23, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News reports that Jerry Jones isn't looking to make a splash in free agency. So no Ray Lewis.
- Mac Engel of the Star-Telegram has a similar story.
- Randy Galloway is hoping the Cowboys bring Jeff Garcia to Valley Ranch.
- In case you missed it, Ray Buck of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram had an excellent story Sunday on the 20-year anniversary of Jerry Jones taking over the Dallas Cowboys.
- Ray Parrillo takes a look at this year's crop of receivers in the draft.
- The Eagles' scouting department isn't letting the economy slow it down.
- Vaughn McClure takes a look at the offensive tackles who the Eagles are scouting.
- The Joselio Hanson contract makes it official that Lito Sheppard has no place on this team -- although we already knew that.
- Eli Manning is glad he didn't invest with Sir Allen Stanford. He had the chance.
- Anyone know why Rich Cimini is doing a story on Plaxico Burress? Did Vacchiano stay home?
- OK, I found him. He's blogging from home. Here's something on his blog regarding Jerry Reese's Saturday session.
- Mark Cannizzaro writes about Plax in the Post.
- Jason Taylor's agent says his client will return to the Redskins in '09. And he says there won't be a discount. Hope that works out for ya.
- Ryan O'Halloran has a nice story on Vernon Davis' little brother, Vontae.
- Darrius Heyward-Bey, a Maryland product, ran an outstanding 40 time.
- David Elfin of the Washington Times has a story on the release of Marcus Washington.