Giant headlines: Kevin Boss' surgery
May, 22, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Thanks for your patience last week while I took a few days away from the Beast. Scouts Inc. stalwart Matt Williamson did a superb job filling in and the blog editors kept the headlines rolling. Now let's take a look at the latest from the New York Giants' organized team activities:
- Tight end Kevin Boss will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right ankle Monday and miss four to six weeks. Offensive lineman Kevin Boothe tore a pectoral muscle and will miss the next four months. I wouldn't be surprised to see Boothe miss the entire 2010 season. That's the same injury that knocked Cowboys offensive tackle Robert Brewster out last season.
- Pro Bowl defensive end Justin Tuck, a daily reader of this blog, has changed his mind about the Giants' recent draft.
- ESPNNewYork.com's Ohm Youngmisuk has the latest on what Brandon Jacobs said about the Giants' status in relation to the Jets.
- Youngmisuk has a really nice summary of everything that took place at OTAs on Friday.
- Steve Smith said that folks don't know the real Eli Manning.
- Jason Cole of Yahoo! has the Giants ranked ninth in his personal power rankings.
- Barry Cofield acknowledged that he was nearly traded to the Saints, but his allegiance is still to the Giants.
- Should Knicks fans be upset with Osi Umenyiora?