Headline (East) News: Cows, Eagles and 'Skins
August, 13, 2008
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
ALBANY -- Since you're about to be treated to a continuous loop of Giants information, here's an update on what's going on elsewhere:
- Say it ain't so, Cowboys fans. The evil Mike Shanahan has a rule against live-blogging in practice. The Broncos also have an anti-blogger policy in place for games, which I had to work around once last season.
- The affable Tony Romo says he'd be happy to return to Oxnard, Calif., for training camp. He also said he's hoping the Cowboys "can compete" with the Broncos.
- Jacques Taylor says that Bradie James has done a nice job of putting his ego aside and accepting his role on the team.
- Words of wisdom from a Cowboys backup linebacker.
- Flip-flopping season is here again. Step right up, Mr. Taylor.
- Wade Phillips will ask his team to put on shoulder pads this week. Things are getting serious.
- Longtime Fort Worth Star-Telegram beat man Clarence Hill says it's time for the Cowboys to ramp up the hitting.
- Cowboys could be one "click" away from a Super Bowl, reports DMN technology writer Todd Archer.
- I watched DT Brodrick Bunkley have an excellent practice Tuesday morning. Had no clue what he'd been dealing with.
- The Daily News actually has a list of the items that were stolen.
- Bob Brookover of the Inquirer has a neat story on Dan Klecko.
- Bob also has a story on Asante Samuel's first news conference in months. I'm told that Samuel joked that Andy Reid had a lot more personality than Bill Belichick.
- Les Bowen provides an update on the Lito Sheppard saga.
- Nick Fierro thinks it's a good thing the Eagles have a short memory.
- Colt Brennan has returned to earth after his strong preseason debut.
- Marcus Mason has made quite an impression in Redskins camp, forcing Jim Zorn to contemplate keeping four tailbacks.
- The Redskins are beating up on their own quarterback.
- Redskins fans, meet your new starting weakside linebacker.