July, 24, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
SAN ANTONIO -- Greetings from the world-famous Alamo, where tourists are biding their time before heading over to the Dallas Cowboys' first training camp practice at the poorly lit Alamodome. The NFC East blog aka The Beast will be there to cover all the action, but first, let's see what's going on around the division:
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com says the Cowboys are embracing Super Bowl talk.
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com talks about the kicking game and Spanish captain Hernando Cortes, one of Jerry Jones' favorite historical figures. MacMahon also had a blog item on how Dez Bryant's early arrival has given the Cowboys a lift.
- Tim Cowlishaw of ESPN's daytime TV lineup thinks that Jerry Jones has good reason to be optimistic about this team.
- One of our nation's top NBA writers, David Moore, says we're only 147 days away from the Super Bowl.
- Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys aren't shopping defensive end Marcus Spears.
- After stumping Jerry Jones with a Gene Michael question, Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News focused on Wade Phillips becoming a grandfather.
- Mike Jensen and Ashley Fox say the Eagles aren't afraid to say goodbye.
- The Daily News' NFL reporter Paul Domowitch has the Cowboys and Chargers meeting in the Super Bowl. Domo also has some information regarding Donovan McNabb's contract status in Washington.
- Jonathan Tamari from the Inquirer says that Moise Fokou has been quite impressive this offseason.
- Les Bowen has a report on 1 AD (after Donovan).
- Terrell Thomas tells the Star-Ledger that he wants to make the Pro Bowl.
- I wonder how much longer Eli Manning will be the highest-paid member of his family.
- I may have forgotten to link to Andy Benoit's preview of the Giants on the New York Times Fifth Down Blog.
- Matt Terl points out that Mike Shanahan doesn't want fans to temper their expectations for this year's Redskins.
- Mike Wise of the Post thinks that Shanahan should give Albert Haynesworth a shot at redemption.
- Bruce Allen says you shouldn't worry about Donovan McNabb's contract status.