How could Stafford affect the Beast?
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Our friends at "SportsCenter" came up with an interesting draft angle this afternoon that I wanted to share with you guys. What would happen if the Detroit Lions passed on Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford with the No. 1 pick?
In Todd McShay's mind, that would vault Baylor's Jason Smith to the No. 1 spot and Stafford would end up with the Seahawks at No. 4. It would also have a ripple effect on the rest of the first round. And that's why Scouts Inc. went ahead and picked up where McShay left off. You have to be an ESPN.com Insider to find out who ended up going to the Redskins, Eagles, Giants and Cowboys, but I'm loaning you my password for one afternoon only. Here's how it shook out for the Beast:
13. Redskins -- Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
21. Eagles -- Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
28. Eagles -- Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
29. Giants -- Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
45. Giants -- Sean Smith, CB, Utah
51. Cowboys -- Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
53. Eagles -- Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State
60. Giants -- Paul Kruger, DE, Utah