Friday Beastlines: Special Cutler edition
April, 3, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- If you're trying to determine who the Cowboys will select at No. 51, I'd memorize the names on this list from Todd Archer. And the tight end from Rice, James Casey, is a guy the Cowboys' personnel department loves. It's just that the team's sort of stacked at that position right now.
- The Cowboys re-signed guard/center Cory Procter on Thursday.
- Marc Colombo, Leonard Davis and the immortal Cory Procter are in a heavy metal band called Free Reign. Who knew?
- Former Cowboys nose tackle arrested on drug charges.
- Archer makes the argument that Tony Romo's better than Jay Cutler. And I wouldn't argue.
- The Cowboys and Rangers have agreed to share parking spots.
- Les Bowen of the Daily News shares his thoughts on Bama offensive tackle Andre Smith.
- Rich Hofmann has an interesting theory on how the Phillies' World Series title has caused Eagles fans to become even more demanding.
- Sounds like Brian Dawkins isn't having a tough time making the transition to Denver.
- Kellen Winslow Jr. says Braylon Edwards would fit the Giants to a "T."
- Tom Rock of Newsday has more on Edwards.
- Mark Maske said not trying (and not getting) Jay Cutler could be "ruinous" to the Redskins organization. Uh-oh.
- Let the healing process begin in Washington.
- Excellent column by Michael Wilbon talking about how the Redskins always covet other teams' players.
- Dan Daly says the Bears saved the Redskins from themselves.
- David Elfin of the Washington Times says the Redskins have to regroup now.
- So where do the Redskins go from here? Jason LaCanfora of Redskins Insider fame has the answer.