Knee-jerk reactions: The Plaxico Edition
April, 4, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
In order to save you some time, we've read all the stories about Plaxico Burress' release from the Giants. Here are some that deserve a closer look:
- William C. Rhoden of the New York Times thinks this is one lecture Burress won't soon forget.
- Judy Battista handled the news side of this story.
- Gary Myers of the Daily News says the Giants finally made the right decision on Burress.
- Here's the news story from the Daily News.
- Steve Serby of the Post says Burress finally wore out his welcome with the Giants.
- Bob Glauber of Newsday fame said "enough was enough."
- Don Banks of SI.com says this should be viewed as a win for Tom Coughlin.
- Chris Chase of Yahoo! Sports has a quick take on Plax's release.
- Jay Glazer says the Giants' decision didn't catch him by surprise. Glazer may or may not have been filing this report from a traffic helicopter.
- Clark Judge says Coughlin won out in the end.
- Pete Prisco says Burress couldn't "win the game of his life."