Friday Beastlines: Eagles LBs squirming
August, 27, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's go around the division to see what's happening this morning:
- Dez Bryant is getting closer to returning to the practice field, according to ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon.
- Jerry Jones wants Bill Parcells to see Cowboys Stadium in person, writes DallasNews.com's Todd Archer.
- Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says Jay Ratliff has emerged as an off-the-field leader.
- Dallas Morning News sidebar specialist Gerry Fraley says the Cowboys will play it close to the vest Saturday night.
- Paul Domowitch of the Daily News says the owners have the most to gain from an 18-game regular-season schedule, which may have something to do with them constantly pushing that agenda.
- Bob Ford of the Inquirer is trying to crunch the numbers at linebacker.
- Les Bowen says there are jobs at stake in tonight's preseason tilt with the Chiefs.
- Les will have his eye on Todd Herremans and Mike Bell this evening.
- Jonathan Tamari of the Inquirer offers this preview for tonight's game.
- Rhett Bomar has closed the gap on Jim Sorgi, according to the Daily News.
- Kevin Boss spoke to New York's 1050 ESPN about his training camp.
- Brian Lewis seems to indicate that Sinorice Moss is in denial about the possibility of losing his roster spot.
- Defensive tackle Jay Alford is pushing his surgically repaired knee to the limit, writes the Star-Ledgers' mad tweeter Mike Garafolo.
- Lorenzo Alexander says that Clinton Portis is taking his job seriously under the Mike Shanahan regime.
- Safeties Reed Doughty and Chris Horton have been through a lot together during a relatively short period of time.
- Some interesting thoughts from Trevor Pryce on the Shanahan-Albert Haynesworth feud.