Sunday Beastlines: Cutdown edition
September, 5, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Hope you guys are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Let's take a quick spin around the division to see what folks are saying this morning:
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com says the Cowboys were smart to keep wide receiver Sam Hurd. MacMahon also took a look at the 53-man roster.
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com explains why the Cowboys went light at cornerback.
- Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News questions the Cowboys' release of Junior Siavii.
- Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News has been all over this Travis Bright angle.
- Lead DMN beat writer David Moore has the latest on the Hurd decision.
- Jeff McLane of the Inquirer kicks off his series on quarterback Kevin Kolb. McLane put a ton of work into this series and he's off to a great start.
- Here's the story Les Bowen of the Daily News wrote about Kolb -- three years ago.
- McLane has a report on the Stacy Andrews trade.
- Sheil Kapadia of "Moving the Chains" blog fame has some analysis of the 53-man roster.
- Judy Battista of The New York Times has an excellent story on Beast reader Justin Tuck.
- Ohm Youngmisuk of ESPNNewYork.com breaks down the Giants' 53-man roster.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News breaks down the 53-man roster.
- Mike Shanahan doesn't care where you were picked in the draft, writes Paul Tenorio and Jason Reid.
- Reid cites three anonymous sources who said Albert Haynesworth was "awful" in last Thursday's preseason game. The Post says it's unlikely that Haynesworth will start against the Cowboys. Oh, the horror!
- Matt Terl continues to do excellent work for his Redskins Blog. He's a big Brandon Banks guy.