Wednesday Beastlines: Non-print edition
April, 22, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has a list of potential receivers for the Cowboys.
- Todd Archer wasn't on the bag for this Tony Romo victory. Romo also won the "fabled" Brown Jacket over the weekend.
- Jacques Taylor says Cowboys owner Jerry Jones could control Day 2 of the draft.
- Paul Domowitch of the Daily News does a really nice job of putting this Sheldon Brown controversy in perspective. He sympathizes with the player, but he also brings some reality to the discussion.
- The Eagles are defending their right not to negotiate with Sheldon Brown pretty vigorously.
- Domowitch and Les Bowen had a nice discussion about the Eagles' candidates for the No. 21 overall pick.
- The City of Philadelphia wants the Eagles to pay up in a long-running dispute.
- Steve Smith and Domenik Hixon aren't worrying about all the trade rumors.
- Justin Tuck would love to see Braylon Edwards in a Giants uniform.
- But Tuck told Newsday that Edwards needs to follow the rules just like everyone else.
- Right now, it looks like Ocho Cinco and Anquan Boldin are off the table for the Giants.
- Jason La Canfora tracked down USC quarterback Mark Sanchez via phone Tuesday. Sounds like Sanchez enjoyed his time with the Redskins.