Beastlines: Special Knee-jerk Report
September, 20, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick look at some of the commentary that's rolling in from around the country. This is a division in turmoil:
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com says the odds are against the Cowboys making the playoffs.
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram columnist Randy Galloway is pretty sure the season's over.
- Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com thinks the players deserve just as much blame as Jason Garrett.
- Kevin Sherrington of the Dallas Morning News points the finger at quarterback Tony Romo.
- Jacques Taylor says the Cowboys are overhyped and overrated.
- Gil LeBreton of the Star-Telegram tries to figure out what happened to the Cowboys' defense.
- Bob Ford of the Inquirer says this defense gave up too many big plays.
- Phil Sheridan of the Inquirer says Kevin Kolb has a chance to build some equity with fans Sunday before gearing up for the "Washington McNabbs."
- Rich Hofmann from the Daily News says this offensive line isn't ready to protect Kolb.
- John Gonzalez of the Inquirer says the Michael Vick bandwagon is pretty crowded.
- Les Bowen of the Daily News has the latest from Kolb.
- Jeff McLane of the Inquirer also weighed in on Kolb's comments today.
- Hank Gola of the Daily News says there's no shame in Eli Manning not being as good as his older brother.
- Mike Vaccaro of the Post says that Brandon Jacob's a "head case" right now.
- Vinny DiTrani from The Record says Archie Manning should've stopped this fight.
- ESPNNewYork.com's Ohm Youngmisuk has the latest on Brandon Jacobs' helmet toss.
- The Post's eternal optimist, Thomas Boswell, praises Donovan McNabb for posting some big numbers.
- Thoroughly enjoyable "Best and Worst" column from Dan Steinberg of the D.C. Sports Bog.
- Rick Maese of the Post has an excellent report on how the defense let the offense down Sunday.