Memorial Day Beastlines
May, 25, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- Ray Buck of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram takes a look back at the Cowboys' history of drafting stars from other sports.
- Not sure it was fair of Clarence E. Hill to characterize Greg Ellis as some type of "negative force" in Friday's story. Ellis may have complained in the offseason, but he never brought that inside the locker room -- at least to my knowledge.
- At least one local columnist would've enjoyed seeing Jeff Garcia in Dallas.
- A Cowboys rookie fullback was arrested Friday for possession of a throwing star and knife. At an airport!
- The Eagletarian links to a list of top 10 rivalries in the league.What do you guys think is the best rivalry in the NFC East? It used to be Cowboys-Redskins. If we did a poll, though, I'm thinking Cowboys-Eagles would win. Let me hear from ya.
- You know the dog days of the NFL offseason have begun when Bob Ford does a column on Sean Jones.
- A recent column on the National Football Post indicated that the NFC East didn't have a single "franchise quarterback."
- Mike Garafolo has more on David Diehl's stand-up act in Manhattan.
- Eli Manning says he wouldn't take his shirt off for a photo shoot.
- Tom Rock of Newsday took a well-deserved break, but he left us with this question.
- It's time for Brian Westbrook's little brother to emerge if he wants to stick with Redskins.
- Jason La Canfora of the Post says that Albert Haynesworth is expected to be interviewed regarding possible tampering charges against the Redskins brought by the Titans.