July, 9, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- Tim MacMahon of the Dallas Morning News has a story on Greg Ellis' radio confession to Mike Irvin on Dallas-Fort Worth's ESPN 103.3.
- Jerry Jones has released George Dunham from his role as PA announcer -- or VOTS if you live in the metroplex.
- A handful of players are in Brownsville, Texas, today to lead a youth football camp.
- Inquirer columnist Bob Ford wonders why the Eagles can't be more like the Flyers.
- Fred Mitchell of the Chicago Tribune says Donovan McNabb's dad can't wait for Nov. 22.
- The Jack Ikegwuonu trial is on hold until July 16.
- Giants rookie Travis Beckum filled out a questionnaire for the Star-Ledger.
- Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth is expected to reach a plea bargain in his criminal case in Williamson County on Friday.
- If all else fails, Michael Vick could play in the Minor Football League in the D.C. area, according to Dan Steinberg.
- Sort of a cool story in the Washington Examiner commemorating the 40th anniversary of Vince Lombardi's only training camp with the Redskins.