August, 6, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- Rich Gannon thinks Tony Romo is the best quarterback in the NFC East. Seriously.
- Tony Romo was asked about The Breakup on Wednesday.
- Albert Breer of Sporting News has an intriguing blog entry on Terence Newman.
- Tim McMahon of DallasNews.com fame has a good report on the Cowboys' rookies.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had some interesting things to say to ESPN 103.3's Randy Galloway on Thursday.
- Ray Buck takes a look at the Cowboys who are Hall of Fame worthy.
- Marcus Spears avoided catfish this offseason, according to Jeff Kaplan of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- The dean of Dallas-Fort Worth beat writers, Clarence E. Hill Jr. says Tony Romo and Roy Williams are starting to click.
- Here's a report on the Jeff Lurie state-of-the-team address.
- Lurie paid homage to safety Brian Dawkins. Here's Bob Brookover from the Inquirer with more details.
- Juqua Parker and Todd Herremans weren't talking Wednesday, but Brian Westbrook did some running on the side.
- Jeff Offord of the Burlington County Times has more on Westbrook.
- Les Bowen says DeSean Jackson has been the best player on the field so far in camp.
- Strong column from the Inquirer's Phil Sheridan today regarding the Juqua Parker arrest.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News has been following the Eli Manning contract story.
- Gary Myers of the Daily News thinks there might be five quarterbacks in the NFL better than Eli Manning.
- Steve Politi of the Star-Ledger doesn't think the money will go Eli Manning's head.
- Steve Serby of the Post says Manning will now face even higher expectations.
- Mike Garafolo has a report on today's morning practice.
- Remind me if you've heard this one before? Devin Thomas has a sore hamstring.
- Ryan O'Halloran of the Washington Times is concerned about the Skins' offensive line.
- Paul Tenorio from the Post knows this is a pivotal season for Carlos Rogers.
- Matt Terl does an excellent job blogging and tweeting for redskins.com. I'd love to see the Skins give his blog a more prominent spot on the Web site. Here's his morning practice report.
- Good little piece on the Post Web site about defensive lineman J.D. Skolnitsky. Not a household name, but he's doing his best.
- I'm reviewing the transcript from Jim Zorn's news conference today. May have something on that a little later.