Tuesday Beastlines: Don Meredith stories
December, 7, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a look at what folks from across the country wrote about the passing of former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Don Meredith:
- Doug Martin and Bill Carter of the New York Times have a ton of details in their story about Meredith's playing and broadcasting career.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram grew up in Grand Prairie, Texas, rooting for Don Meredith. Here's his heartfelt column from Tuesday's paper that explains how Meredith became the first professional player in Dallas to be booed.
- Jim Reeves wrote a nice column for ESPNDallas.com that focused on Meredith's remarkable sense of humor.
- Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News was probably the last reporter to interview Don Meredith. He looks back on his time in Meredith's Santa Fe, N.M., home last October.
- Tim Cowlishaw of the DMN used to sit in the Cotton Bowl and watch Meredith. He presents his favorite memories.