The Monday Knee-Jerk Report
December, 13, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a quick look at what folks around the country are saying about the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins following Sunday's games:
- Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com talks about why the Cowboys' defense gave up so many big plays in a 30-27 loss to the Eagles.
- Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News wonders if Jason Garrett will be held to the same standard as Wade Phillips when it comes to "close-but-no-cigar" moments.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says this defense reminded him of the "Bad Wade" days. And he thinks Tashard Choice should be fined $25,000 for getting Michael Vick's autograph following the game.
- Eagles rookie defensive end Brandon Graham tore his ACL and will miss the rest of the season.
- Rich Hofmann of the Daily News does a really good job of explaining why Andy Reid may be showing so much emotion these days.
- Phil Sheridan from the Inquirer, an avid Beast enthusiast if there ever was one, says that DeSean Jackson's worth the trouble.
- Jon Tamari, a former political beat writer for the Inquirer, takes a look back at Jackson's brilliant performance.
- Paul Domowitch of the Daily News can always take you beyond the numbers.
- Ashley Fox of the Inquirer thinks the Eagles should do more to protect Michael Vick from his weekly punishment.
- Bob Ford from the Inquirer puts this win in perspective in terms of the playoffs. He wasn't all that impressed by how the Eagles had to win this game.
- Mike Wise of the Post says that Hunter the Holder is the latest scapegoat in Redskins lore.
- Tom Boswell uses the botched hold as a launching pad for his weekly prose. He thinks that moment was symbolic of the Dan Snyder era.
- Mike Shanahan said that Skins defensive end Brian Orakpo was "mugged" on the Bucs' game-winning touchdown pass, writes Jason Reid of the Post.
- Ryan O'Halloran of csnwashington.com talked to Graham Gano about what happened on his missed field goals.