The Eagles Knee-Jerk Report
December, 29, 2010
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Let's take a look at what folks are saying about the Philadelphia Eagles' 24-14 loss to the Minnesota Vikings:
- Bob Ford of the Inquirer points out that this team is in big trouble when Michael Vick's not on his game. And he devotes a couple of paragraphs to that pitiful performance by the defense.
- Rich Hofmann from the Daily News says one play in the second half really illustrated how poorly the Eagles' D played.
- Sam Donnellon of the Daily News says that Andy Reid should rest his starters against the Dallas Cowboys despite their poor effort against the Vikings.
- The Inquirer's Phil Sheridan says we may have been foolish to think the Eagles had Super Bowl aspirations.
- The Daily News' excellent NFL columnist Paul Domowitch says that Michael Vick reverted to his Falcons ways.
- John Smallwood of Daily News fame was shocked to see the Eagles play so "listlessly."
- Jeff McLane of the Inquirer wonders why Andy Reid didn't mix in a few more screens and actual running plays in Tuesday's game.
- The Eagles will probably host the Packers in a first-round playoff game, writes Sheil Kapadia of the Moving the Chains blog. The Giants are of course hoping the Bears will beat the Packers on Sunday, but that doesn't seem likely now that Chicago probably won't have anything to play for by the time kickoff arrives.
- Paul Domowitch actually gave the Eagles a "B" in one area.