The Eagles Knee-Jerk Report
January, 10, 2011
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
The Philadelphia Eagles' 2010 season ended with a thud Sunday at the Linc. Let's take a quick look at what folks around the country are saying about their 21-16 loss to the Green Bay Packers:
- Bob Ford, recently named the Pennsylvania sportswriter of year, said it's not quite as easy to find a scapegoat now that Donovan McNabb's gone.
- Phil Sheridan of the Inquirer talks about all the questions the Eagles face heading into the offseason. And he brings up the possibility of replacing defensive coordinator Sean McDermott.
- Rich Hofmann from the Daily News offered this take immediately following the game.
- Tom Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News and ESPN's "Around the Horn" talks about how Michael Vick's season changed against Chicago in late November.
- If you'd like to know more about James Starks and Tom Crabtree, I highly recommend this column from ESPN.com's Gene Wojciechowski.
- Dan Wetzel did a really nice job on his Michael Vick column for Yahoo! Sports.
- Andrew Perloff of SI.com wrote about a man named James Starks.
- Don Banks from SI.com does an excellent job with his "Snap Judgments" column.
- John Gonzalez of the Inquirer says this feeling is all too familiar to Eagles fans.
- My colleague Kevin Seifert from the NFC North blog provides a good explanation for what Tramon Williams saw on Vick's final pass of the game.
- Ashley Fox of the Inquirer also breaks down Vick's final throw.