Giants' Moss makes strong closing argument
September, 4, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
I'm hoping to watch the replay of the Giants-Patriots game this afternoon, but it appears that the front-line players did their jobs. And bubble player Sinorice Moss made his case with two touchdowns. Here's what the New York media are saying about Thursday's 38-27 loss to the Patriots.
- Mike Garafolo says the first-team defense put on a show against the Patriots. Poor Brian Hoyer never knew what hit him. (It was Justin Tuck.) Garafolo also reports that defensive tackle Chris Canty could be ready to go for the season opener against the Redskins.
- Garafolo's co-worker Jenny Vrentas provides a nice little summary of Thursday's events in this report.
- Joe LaPointe of the New York Times made the trip to Foxboro and wrote this notebook topper.
- Ralph Vacchiano has a full report on Sinorice Moss' big night. Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin will have some tough decisions to make.
- Paul Schwartz focused on Andre Woodson's performance -- and it wasn't a good one.
- Tom Rock of Newsday talks about Moss' two touchdowns.
- Vinny DiTrani of the Bergen Record said Moss provided the Giants with some answers.