Game-day Beastlines: Cowboys and Eagles
September, 13, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
NEW YORK -- Since I'll be writing about the Giants and Redskins most of the day, let's take a look at what's going on with the Cowboys and Eagles. Here are some of the main headlines coming out of Philly and Dallas on Sunday:
- Tim Cowlishaw thinks the Cowboys will be able to slow down the Bucs' talented group of running backs.
- Tim MacMahon of DallasNews.com has a nice preview of today's game. Looks like Rick "Goose" Gosselin is the only guy in Dallas picking the Bucs.
- Stephen Jones tells David Moore that the Cowboys only have a "one or two-year window" to get something done.
- Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News has an excellent story on Tom Landry's wife, Alicia.
- Randy Galloway of the Star-Telegram and ESPN 103.3 FM says that Jason Garrett's shot at redemption begins today.
- Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Star-T has a story on Wade Phillips' last stand.
- Bob Ford of the Inquirer has a strong take on Donovan McNabb today. He thinks McNabb's reputation as a light-hearted guy is one reason Philly's never fallen in love with him.
- Phil Sheridan says that Andy Reid's never had a team with this many question marks heading into a season.
- John Gonzalez of the Inquirer says the Eagles' anthem should be "Under Pressure" by Queen this season. Read his column here.
- Here are the predictions from the Daily News staff.
- Jeff McLane of the Inquirer has an interesting story on how the Eagles prepared McNabb and Kevin Kolb for the complicated blitz schemes they would encounter in the NFL.