- Dan Graziano, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
INDIANAPOLIS -- While we've all been running around here at the Super Bowl, creating web video content and working to find new and interesting angles on the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. Todd McShay did a mock draft. God love him.
It's Insider, but if you promise not to tell anyone, I can let you know who he's projecting in the first round for each of our four teams. Ssssshhhh....
6. Washington Redskins: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State. Todd couches this, saying it assumes the Redskins don't trade up for Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. He has Griffin and LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne gone by No. 6, and Blackmon would fill the Redskins' most significant non-quarterback need.
14. Dallas Cowboys: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama. This guy is moving up quickly after a strong Senior Bowl showing. He comes with plenty of baggage, including some legal issues, which is why he was at North Alabama. But he can cover, and the Cowboys do need corners who can cover.
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Devon Still, DT, Penn State. It seems the idea here is that a linebacker would be a reach at his spot. (Luke Kuechly is already gone by this spot in this mock.) Todd says he has an early second-round grade on Still, who's a physical specimen with upside, but that others are rating him as a mid first-rounder. You know Andy Reid wouldn't shy away from picking a defensive lineman.
31. New York Giants: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson. Interesting. I keep thinking linebacker, offensive line, maybe running back if they do part ways with Brandon Jacobs. But Allen would be another fun weapon for Eli Manning as the Giants become more and more of a passing team. And yeah, we know the Giants will pick 32nd and not 31st if they win Sunday night.