Kneejerk reactions: Cowboys and Eagles edition
September, 21, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
OK, let's take a look around the country to see what folks are saying about the four NFC East teams. Something tells me the Beast is going to take a beating in the ESPN.com Power Rankings this week. We'll be back a little later with some Giants and Redskins reaction:
- Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News says this Cowboys team looks a lot like the one that closed Texas Stadium. Cowlishaw spent considerable time breaking down the bells and whistles at Cowboys Stadium, including the Miller Lite dancers.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram pounds on Orlando Scandrick and Terence Newman while making an obscure F-Troop reference.
- Award-winning PGA Tour writer Bill Nichols has a column on the turnover margin, which wasn't good for the Cowboys.
- Jeff Caplan of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram refers to Tony Romo as "the dimpled one" in this story.
- Jennifer Floyd Engel wants to know why the Cowboys never show up when a game's on the big stage.
- Clarence E. Hill said the Giants ruined Jerry Jones' grand opening.
- Really good line early in Gil LeBreton's column about the team Jerry Jones shouldn't close or open a stadium with. My hat's off to the LSU alum on that one.
- David Moore of the DMN talks about the Cowboys' lack of coverage Sunday night.
- Daily News NFL beat man Paul Domowitch praises Drew Brees for destroying the Eagles' D.
- It's always good to see what Reuben Frank has to say about an Eagles loss.
- Marcus Hayes of the Daily News says the Wildcat wasn't a distraction for the Eagles' offense.
- Les Bowen of the DN talks about Kevin Kolb's performance, which wasn't that bad by the way.
- Rich Hofmann wants Kevin Kolb to know this loss wasn't his fault.
- Bob Ford was much tougher on Kolb than Hofmann. Said he's right back where he started after Sunday's loss.
- Bowen has his famous Morning After blog entry on the Eagletarian.