The Beast: Eagles-Cowboys Collector's Edition
September, 16, 2008
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
- In this swashbuckling column, Randy Galloway tells Cowboys fans to hold off on those Tampa reservations.
- Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News talks about Marion Barber's perseverence after a tough first half.
- Brian Davis of the DMN praises T.O. for his two touchdowns. Confusing quote of the week goes to Jerry Jones, who said of T.O., "I think a lot of us are seeing things that haven't been apparent in what T.O. is all about as an individual, and that's a plus."
- You can tell Jacques Taylor was going to rip the Cowboys' defense, but he had to turn back at the last moment because of the win.
- Mac Engel of the Forth Worth Star-Telegram also writes about the defense.
- The Cowboys' Internet operation provides some news on Roy Williams' injury.
- Tim MacMahon banged out this entertaining blog entry on Jerry Jones and then gave a fellow blogger a ride to his car at 2:30 a.m.
- Alex Marvez of Foxsports.com wrote a Tony Romo column.
- Last but certainly not least, Tim Cowlishaw weighs in on Romo.
- Paul Domowitch doesn't want anyone pinning Monday's loss on Donovan McNabb. I can't imagine that anyone's trying to do that today, but Paul knows Philly fans better than I do.
- Rich Hofmann wants to know what DeSean Jackson was thinking on that near-touchdown in the second quarter. Rich also manages to work the word "calliope" in early. I've often said you can't get that word high enough in a blog entry.
- Always nice to see Les Bowen at Texas Stadium. The Eagletarian made some strong points.
- Phil Sheridan thinks Donovan McNabb was the best quarterback on the field Monday. Great line where Phil distances himself from the "unreasonable questions" about McNabb (talk radio and message boards). I dabble in the talk radio business, but I didn't take the line personally.
- Nice column from Bob Ford in the Philly Inquirer on what may have been the Eagles final trip to Texas Stadium. Bob remained at Texas Stadium until the wee hours of Monday morning to help Philly.com work through some issues.
- Fun column from Hofmann on Texas Stadium. He remembers a time when no one "peed in the sink" at the famous facility.