The Skinny Post: Cowboys edition
- The Cowboys have reached a four-year agreement with sixth-round draft choice Erik Walden out of Middle Tennessee State. Now training camp can begin.
- Jessica Simpson has dedicated a song called "You're My Sunday" to Tony Romo. According to sources at People.com, Simpson performed the new song at Country Thunder USA in Randall, Wisc., with Romo in attendance.
"Tonight there's this guy here, he throws a football and he's really good at it, he's my better tomorrow and I wrote this song for him," she told the crowd.
She also shared some thoughts on her personal life with the intimate audience of 26,000.
"I'm so thankful for all of the personal struggles and all of the tabloids and all of the people that talk s---," said Simpson while choking back tears. "I'm so happy I went through that because it makes life so much more beautiful."
Children obviously need to hear this message. I happened to notice that Romo's ex, Carrie Underwood, was in the lineup for Country Thunder USA. Hope that wasn't awkward.
- Peter Schrager of Fox Sports has all four teams in the NFC East in the top 11 of his Power Rankings. Wait, so other sites do Power Rankings, too?
- Jean-Jacques Taylor of the Dallas Morning News doesn't understand why Jerry Jones and Terry Glenn won't compromise.
- Mac Engel says we'll have a decision on Terry Glenn before the team charter leaves for California tomorrow.
- More on Wade Phillips' ring finger comment.