NFC East knee-jerk reactions
October, 5, 2009
By Matt Mosley | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley
Here's what folks from around the country are saying about the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins:
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com says the Cowboys' offense isn't holding up its end of the bargain.
- Tim MacMahon says the Cowboys' defense cratered at the worst possible time.
- David Moore says the Cowboys aren't "frauds" or "pretenders."
- Jacques Taylor of the Dallas Morning News said this loss was "pure poppycock." No, I'm serious, he really wrote that.
- Brandon George of the DMN has a story on former Eagles safety Brian Dawkins.
- Todd Archer says that Martellus Bennett is waiting on pins and needles for a breakout game. By the way, his holding penalty in the fourth quarter was an absolute killer.
- Bill Nichols of the DMN has the latest on the Cowboys' small-play receivers.
- Kevin Sherrington questions the wisdom of going to Sam Hurd on the game's final two plays.
- Joe LaPointe said the Giants are a bit uneasy about Eli Manning's bruised heel.
- Manning's foot injury definitely took center stage after the Giants' win.
- Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News is blogging about Manning's injury.
- Tom Rock has the latest on Manning's injury.
- Manning doesn't think his bruised heel is "awful."
- Clinton Portis is always questionable, but it never stops him from playing.
- Santana Moss has had 50-yard touchdowns in back-to-back games. That's the first time that's happened in 22 years.
- What is it with Redskins players and the Internet? Chris Horton had some explaining to do.
- And you thought Peter King was the only one with a Monday Morning Quarterback column?
- Ryan O'Halloran has a full report on Sunday's game.
- Bob Cohn comes up with the ups and downs from Sunday's game.